Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Cookies


On Sunday I made cookies for Amici from MayaMarie's cookie recipe. We ended up changing one item in the recipe on accident. I went to the grocery store to find oat flour and I couldn't find it anywhere. So...I thought...maybe oat flour is the same as what you put in oatmeal cookies? I just used regular oats. When I measured them out and compared pics I realized that oats and oat flour are not the same thing. :( I was worried that the cookies wouldn't come out good but thankfully they did okay! They ended up looking different but they were cooked thoroughly and Amici loves them!

Here's Amici taking a peek over the table to see if he could swipe one. :)


We ended up putting together a doggie bag to bring to Kana. Amici got a few more cookies on the ride down to Kana's place. :)

3 comments:

The Husky in the Window said...

Hey, your Mom did good! And she made them in fun shapes. If you can't find the oat flour, Mom said it's okay to use the unbleached all purpose flour for the entire recipie. But with the oats, she made it a really healthy dog cookie. Amici looks like he's ready to do the taste test. He had to approve. Do you'all like peanut butter? Mom is working on a peanut butter oat biscuit. I'll get her to post that as soon as we approve and you can use the oats for that too. So glad you got to make them and enjoyed.
MayaMarie

PiratesGrrl said...

Those look so good! Mom definitely needs to make these, she wrote down the recipe but it's just sitting there. :(

Thrawn

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Woo Amici..

Those cookies look great!!! I would suggest when you cook with oatmeal oats, keep the cookies in an air tight container for no longer than 2 weeks. At least that is what mom asked me to tell you!!!

Hugs and happy 4th!
Sitka