Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Kana


The slideshow above is some shots of Kana. He is the first husky that I ever got to really get to know. We helped pick him out with Shawn (well, he picked out Shawn I think) and helped Shawn raise him as he is out of town a lot for business reasons. Kana won me over and I was so excited to get a husky pup of our own and a good playmate for Kana.

Here is Kana and Amici wrestling on Sunday at Shawn's condo. (Kana is on top of Amici. He is definitely the alpha dog.)




This is Amici biting Kana's neck. They play together great and Kana definitely taught Amici this play tactic. However, when Amici does this at the dog park it doesn't go over too well. Do others have this problem where your dog is biting the other dog's neck but no one seems angry, crying, or hurt?




TUG A WAR: Kana & Amici

At the end of the day here they are:

6 comments:

Holly said...

Great pics!!

That sort of neck biting play is typical for Siberians. Abby and Samuel did it all the time when they were little. Sam use to love to try and drag Abby around by her neck. When mom first met dad, he didn't understan this type of play, and he thought they were being agressive. Mom set him straight real quick, telling him "that's just typical husky play!" But I don't think other dogs understand it, which is why it usually only works for Sibes!

Holly

PiratesGrrl said...

It's so great they have each other and enjoy playing. They look like they're having a blast!

Thrawn used to do that to Dakota, he'd let him do it but nobody else wanted to play that way.

Maryann :)

Sparky said...

Kana is really cute. I enjoyed looking at all the pictures of you 2! I like the tug-of-war pictures a lot.

Thanks for tagging me!

Sparky

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Oh, all of those photos are super cute. I love all of them. I sometimes try to put Tia's head in my mouth, but I get in trouble ;(

Hugs,
Sitka

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Woo Lee and Amici...

Sitka is slow on the chewies. The bully stick that Nanook and Pooka sent to her was her first. I cut it in half and just half of it took her about an hour. Now, she is getting faster on the pork ears, but it still takes her 30min to an hour. The Five Happy Hounds got these treats - http://www.k9rawdiet.com/Dried-Beef-Trachea-Chew-Treats-pr-77.html - as a gift. I think I am going to order one for Sitka. You may want to try these on Amici. You can go to their site - Five Happy Hounds (link on my site) and watch videos of them eating them. They sound loud!!!

Shelli

The Husky in the Window said...

We love the pictures. You guys play like we play. We're not fighiting. Just having husky fun.
Do you make all the noises too! Mom posted the peanut butter oat biscuit. You mom has to try it. you'll love them.
MayaMarie