Monday, July 09, 2007

Tagged by Sitka and Tia's BLAWG

We are a little late in responding but we were tagged by Sitka and Tia's BLAWG to share some info. about us (the humans). Here's our take of the interview:

(A)So I'm coming up on my 1 year adoption anniversary. How did you pick me?
(L)We're not sure who picked who! Alan and I were sitting on the grass watching all of you play with each other. You came charging at Alan, jumped on his lap and kissed him on the face and then you leaned over and kissed me too. We kept watching you after that and you seemed to play the best and have the most lovable personality so we chose you. For all we know you planted those kisses on purpose....maybe you chose us. :)

(A)Awww, I love hearing stories about me. But, I am supposed to be interviewing you. Okay....if I am your "baby" how come you two are talking about having other (human bipeds) some day?
(L) Well, you are our little baby but it would be nice to have children some day too.

(A) I don't know if I'll like that.
(L) What do you mean? You seem to love kids/babies.

(A) Ya I love them when I get to visit. I am not sure about this sharing my space thing and dividing the attention. Phew, just thinking about it gets me chasing my tail!
(L) Well I wouldn't chase your tail too much as we're still waiting to have kids. Let's just take each year as it comes.

(A) Why is it that you two sometimes leave me during the day?
(L) Well, we have to work. Ya know...afford the mortgage, pay off college bills, buy you toys/food/medicine/vet visits.

(A) What do you do when you leave? Do you eat treats like I do in my kennel?
(L) LOL. No. I work as a director at a nursing center with people that are diagnosed with dementia and your Dad works as a manager at Applebee's.

(A) I've been to that center before! It has the slippery floor! But awfully nice people. I loved meeting new people. I think I went to Dad's before too. One time I think you made me go up there to show them my Pumpkin Costume....how embarrassing.
(L) But you looked so adorable in that! Everyone thought so. :)

(A) Do you have any embarrassing stories?
(L) Too many to tell. :P

(A) Do you have any siblings like I did?
(L) Well, I don't have the furry kind. :P But yes, I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers (all bipeds). Your Dad has 1 brother. When his Dad remarried he gained another brother and a sister.

(A) Besides playing with me what else do you like to do?
(L) Well, you are pretty irresistible.....but I do like to play around with my pics that I take, read, be outside (I think that's why we get along so well), go to the ocean, and most importantly be with family and friends. Your Dad loves to play video games (he is still a kid at heart), read, tinker with his Prelude, learn about new car stuff, and get together with family and friends too.


(A) Last question of the night...I am getting thirsty and a bit tired.

(A) Some of my doggie friends talk about going to school. I've never been, although I have heard you mutter under your breathe that I should. Did you and Dad go to school?
(L)Yes. Actually your Dad and I went to the same high school (that is where we met). Then your Mom headed off to a college in SC, transferred and went to a college in Maine. Your Dad went to a college in PA and then transferred to ME. Just when we thought we were done with school, your Mom went on to earn a graduate degree at the University of New England. School is special to us because that is where we met (high school) and developed a friendship which would eventually develop into something much more!

(A) *Puts paw over eyes* We definitely need to end this interview. That last part was getting to be a bit too romantic for me. Isn't your anniversary coming up soon? Wait, don't answer that....let's wait til next time.

15 comments:

Kapp pack said...

Wow, Amici, great learning more about your humans. I nominated you, visit my blog to learn more!

-Kelsey Ann

Sparky said...

Hehe, I loved reading that! It's good to get to know your humans more. :)

Sparky

The Army of Four said...

Great interview, Amici! You really asked all the hard-hitting questions!
Play bows,
Zim

The Husky in the Window said...

Amici your humans are cool. And you are a good interviewer. Loved how you handled the romantic issues. You are too much.
MayaMarie

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Amici, great interview of your mom. I love the story of how they got you!!! I think that you chose them like I chose my mom and dad!!! I enjoyed learning more about your mom!!
Hugs,
Sitka

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Your parents sound super cool. I bet they spoil you rotten. You better start watching them though so you stay the spoiled only child! They might try to sneak off to the human sibling store!

Steve

Holly said...

Thanks for sharing info about your humans! I am a registered therapy dog who visits people at places just like where you mom works! I just love making people smile, and getting lots of attention!

Holly

Sasha said...

Great interview, Amici! Nice of you to share blogspace with the humans.

Marley said...

Hey Amici! AWESOME interview!

I named you a rockin' guy blogger...check it out! Mom and I really love reading your posts!

Licks,
Marls

Balboa & Mommy said...

Hi,

I saw that your adoption day is coming up and I wanted to wish you a happy adoption day since I won't be arond because my parents are abonding me at the vet while they go on vacation,.... but anyway

Happy Adoption Day,

I love how you chose your parents, that is so cool dude.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Ben_Benjamin said...

Hi Amici, Im Benjamin. I like your name and thats a informative interview for me as a new visitor. =)

Oh ya, heres my early barkday wishes as I cant online on Sunday.

Happy Barkday Amici, hope you get lotsa lotsa treat !!!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Happy Adoption day Amici - I am so glad you found such a wonderful furever home :)

Love
Opy

Maggie said...

Happy adoption day Amici! What a great interview! Hope you get lots of treats and pressies and maybe some ice cream too!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Boo said...

hey amici, just wanna wish you a HAPPY ADOPTION DAY. i hope you have many wonderful day with your current home. always good to have a real family.

wet wet licks

Boo

Peanut said...

Happy adoption day Amici