Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ocean Avenue Dog Park



We had a good day at the dog park on Ocean Ave in Portland, ME. There wasn't a lot of dogs or people there and sometimes that is a nice thing. The other dog park that we go to frequently has been a bit rough lately (dogs and their humans). So we have been trying to use this one a bit more and/or go to a different place altogether.

Amici played with a puggle and they did really well together. In the slideshow above he played fetch (just a few times) with me, played tag with a german shepard puppy, and a lab. Overall it was a good time. We were hot and I wanted to bring Amici somewhere cool so we hunted for some rivers or lakes. We ended up on Cousins Island. We hadn't been there before. It is a quaint but beautiful island. We weren't familiar with anything there so we went back to Yarmouth, ME and walked a park that had access to a river. Amici's yellow lab friend ended up meeting us there a bit later. Milo, the lab, swam like crazy after the ball but Amici usually would only go up to his back and then turn around. I thought for sure the ducks would lure Amici out further but they didn't. He seemed to have a good time even though he just waded.

Amici and I have to hold down the fort for a few days this week as Alan has to do some traveling for his work. Wish us luck. :)

9 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, what great pics! I love all the trees! Looks like a very nice park to play in!

Holly

Balboa & Mommy said...

I understand about the dog park, that's why mom won't take me anymore. Some humans and doggies can be mean and nobody stops them.

Cousins Island looks so beautiful, I bed you had a nice time just wading in the pool.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Ferndoggle said...

What a gorgeous park!! We don't do dog parks much anymore as there are more & more rough players. But a good walk in the woods is a fine alternative!

Ferndoggle

IndyPindy said...

Wow, what a huge park! I'm so jealous, there are NO three acre fenced parks around here!

MaPaw said...

That looks like a very nice park. You certainly get to go on lots of adventures.
-Magnum

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Don't you just love the dog park. We don't have as many trees as you do, but we visited our park on Saturday. We spent most of our time playing in the water buckets!

Steve and Kat

Sparky said...

I love the pictures! That's a very nice park. I wish I could be there.

Sparky

Kapp pack said...

I wish we had a dog park nearby! I would love to run free like that. I'm sure you will be fine holding down the fort. We help mom do that all the time when dad is out of town. It's so exciting when dad comes home.

-Kelsey Ann

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Oh that dog park looks super fun. You look like you had a blast. I love the photo of you with the stick in your mouth, ha roo!
Hugs,
Sitka