Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Snow flurries :)

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes regarding the 3 things we had going on last week. It means a lot! :)

Today has been a good day. We started to have SNOW FLURRIES while I was at work. I wish it had stuck to the ground but at least we saw a tiny bit of white stuff. I was able to leave work early (had too many hours) and it was nice to get home before the sun went down. Amici and I went to the dog park on Valley Street in Portland. It is the smaller dog park but close to our home so we like to go there during the week. By the time we got there the flurries had stopped but in the pictures you can see some of the leftovers on the ground in addition to the odd scene of leaves still being on the trees. Amici seemed reenergized from the cold weather. He played with a boxer. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of them playing. I am never sure if the other dog's human would mind me taking the pictures and I am too "shy" to ask. So...just imagine two dogs having a blast; playing chase, wrestling a bit, and just having a grand old time. :)


 
 
 
Posted by Picasa


We also got a free lesson on rewarding behavior at the dog park. One of the ladies that was there has her own doggy daycare and she was there with those dogs. Amici was playing with a small dog (prob. 20lbs tops) and at times when he bit while wrestling, it seemed like he was biting hard and pulling too much. The other dog wasn't crying or whimpering but not all dogs nor their humans would like that behavior so I try to put a stop to it. I do tell him "no" and "easy" but the dog lady stated that I could just say "easy" and have Amici let go of the other dog and then praise him immediately. It is an odd feeling going from a command (stern voice) to praise (happy voice). At least I think it is odd anyway. So, we're going to have to keep practicing that. In just the time that they played the dog lady had Amici's behavior down packed and he was really listening to her and looking for that praise. It was neat to see and nice to see that he can listen to others.

When we got home Amici was tired out and I was a bit frozen (but in a welcoming way). We watched White Fang 2 (I've had it sitting on top of our tv for quite a while now from Netflix). It was a good movie. We think Holly should check it out though because it seemed that White Fang was really a Malamute and not a wolf. :P But, we could be wrong and we may need to relearn our doggie characteristics.

Tomorrow we will be getting ready for Thanksgiving. There may be a chance we'll be able to post a few pics but if not here is what we'll be up to. Thanksgiving is my human's (Lee's :)) favorite holiday. Thanksgiving is great because people can just come as they are and enjoy each other's company. Thursday we'll have the human's in laws (Alan's parents), brother in law, his girlfriend, my humans, and KANA!! Ya! It is always fun when we get to play together. This will be my human's 2nd time cooking Thanksgiving in their own home. My human says it is a nice feeling and she likes to do it. In honor of Thanksgiving here are some things we're thankful for:
AMICI

(Closest pic to last year's Thanksgiving that we have. This was a week before Thanksgiving in 2006 [the day that Amici got neutered]).

Family

(We don't have a family photo of the 3 of us...this is the best I could come up with...We are cute and cuddly though!)

health, my human mom still loves her job (she's adjusting to the change), my human dad loves his new job (no more Applebee's, hello computer world), we love our home, and we love living in Maine. (Love= thankfulness in this paragraph)

Those are just snippets of what we are thankful for but it does feel good to type down at least a few. We hope everyone has a wonderful, happy, warm, and fun Thanksgiving!!!!! Safe travels too!

14 comments:

Sparky said...

You got snow! That's not fair! I hope it snows here soon!

Sparky

Ben_Benjamin said...

We never have snow here....how it taste like??

MaPaw said...

I cannot wait for snow. Happy Thanksgiving, Amici!
-Magnum

The Husky in the Window said...

Happy ThanksGiving to you Amici. We are glad you are felling better. And you got to play in snow.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

I hope you & yur family had a Happy Turkey Day, Amici! You got snow. That picture sure looked pretty wif it. Can't wait until we get lots here in PGH. It will be funny, I bet, to watch Juneau play in his first snowfall. It's flurring now & the cars & grass has a little stuck to it, but not enuf to really play around in yet. I'm glad that you are feeling better.
-Cosmos-

The Daily Echo said...

Snow....glorious snow! We've had some flakes here in PA but not the "real" stuff yet. We're waiting...not patiently....but waiting.
ECHO

Bama said...

We'd just like to add to Snoopy's prayer....We're thankful for all our new friends we've made through blogging. Hope you had a wonderful turkey day!
Manykisses,
Bama & the RHP

Balboa & Mommy said...

Hope you had a great Turkey Day,

Snow flurries are pretty, but only if its flurries, lots of snow is not good.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

IndyPindy said...

I'm glad you had so much fun at the dog park. And you got a little SNOW, I'm so jealous!

Kapp pack said...

Looks like Amici was having lots of fun at the dog park. Hope you all had a great Turkey Day!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. It sounds like you like the cold weather. Mom and Dad always say that we act much more frisky when it's cold.

Kat

IndyPindy said...

Hey Amici, I tagged you, come to my blog to see the rules?

Windswept's Diamond Royale, CGC, TDIT said...

Aww I want snow tooo!! :( Mom says usually it doesnt snow much here until Dec & Jan, but Im hoping for sooner!!!

I hope you had a YUUUMMY thanksgiving- I sure did! :)

*Royal*

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Woo Amici.. we hope woo had a nice Thanksgiving. We are so jealous that you got to play in snow!!!

Hugs,
Sitka