Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday! (to Lee)

Maybe planning birthday parties ahead of time isn't a good thing all the time. My human decided to have a party without me on Sat. night. She invited close friends/family. She wanted to go to Fuji and then the Comedy Connection. She had asked for folks to respond by Monday so she could make reservations. Well, she wasn't able to make reservations until Monday night. Fuji had a reservation available for 7:30PM and the Comedy Connection starts at 8:30PM. She made the reservations for Fuji but then worried that they may be rushed as this restaurant is known not only for their great food but awesome entertainment. She called the Comedy Connection to make reservations there and asked about walking in late. The Connection frowns upon that so she didn't have much choice but to cancel the Fuji reservations (although that restaurant is her favorite). She tried to make official reservations with the Connection but after 5 phone calls and no calls back it was pretty hopeless. They had gone to the Connection once before as just walk ins so she figured that still would be okay. Sat. night came around and they went to Mexico Lindo restaurant in Portland (she likes spicy food I guess). For Mexican food, it is the best restaurant in Portland. Friends came down from Friendship and Camden, ME and then a couple came in addition to my humans and Shawn and his girlfriend. The dinner seemed to go well and my human had a good time. They finished dinner and then headed to the Connection. Once at the Connection the door said you needed to go to the Porthole restaurant. They went inside and someone asked if they could be helped. Apparantly they were full and even though the situation was explained that no one called back from the Connection my humans couldn't get in. My human birthday Mom was very embarrassed, especially for her friends that traveled an hour and 1/2 (almost 2 hours) to an event that just turned out to be dinner (geesh). So, the end of the night didn't turn out as expected.

 

Today is the official birthday day for my human Mom. She had a good day and this is the peanut butter cake that my human Dad baked her.
Posted by Picasa

Here are some of the gifts that she got from Saturday until today:

This present is special because she can put a lovable pic of me in it and have an imprint of my paw (how cool is that?!)-

And then not only can see look at my pretty picture all day long and admire me but she can also read my kind of material (magazine all about dogs). Also, the items to the right of the Bark magazine are dog cookie cutters. That is right....now I get MayaMarie's famous cookies in addition to cool neat shapes that are just for me! Between you and me...I think her best friend really wants to be MY best friend. :P

My human was very excited about this present. I guess this is a game you play. I asked if I could play it but it is just for humans.

Since my human seemed to want to have a birthday party without me (the nerve) I decided I would take a little sniff of her cake (that is what Echo would do...right?).

Mmmmm, it sure smells good. Maybe if I just inch a little forward I can have just a smidge of a taste!

Aw shucks, she caught me and ruined the taste testing as she opened her final gift. She got very excited because she likes this actress and especially this movie


a lot, but I just shook my head...nothing can be as good as Eight Below.


Now it is nighttime and we are all full. I was able to have a taste of cake after all (even if it WAS just a smidge :P). Tomorrow night they are going out to that favorite restaurant that my human has been pining away for while Kana, Tigger and I enjoy a Lady and the Tramp kind of meal at home.

Overall, I think my human Mom has had a fun birthday today and I know she was thankful that her friends came out on Sat.

21 comments:

Kapp pack said...

Happy Birthday Amici's mom! Those were some pretty cool presents. My mom especially like the frame and paw print frame......what better to immortalized bewootiful, handsome woo!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Holly said...

Wow, your mom has the same birthday as my moms father did. And look at all the cool stuff she got! That cake looks absolutely deeeeeelicious!! At least you got a taste!

Holly

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Happy Barkday Amici's mum :-) It was my dad's barkday too on Dec 17th - but I bet he is much more ancient than your mum is :-)

Love
Opy

Windswept's Diamond Royale, CGC, TDIT said...

wooooo! Happy Birthday kisses to your mamma from meee!

YUM that cake looks good- peanut butter!!

*Royal*

Bama said...

Happy Birthday, Amici Mom!! The 17th was mom & dad's 19th annifursary, wish they'd had a cake as tasty as yours looked, mama got some Tiramisu, but we're not allowed to have any, we're so glad you got to share a bite of your mama's tasty cake, though.
Kisses,
Bama & the RHp

Ben_Benjamin said...

Happy birthday to ya mom & merry xmas in advance!!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

It sounds like your mom had a good birthday anyway. Her cake looks yummy! My mom says that Catch Phrase is a fun game, but my mom has the old school version, so your mom's game will probably be even better!! It's great that now you get some cookies!

Steve

Verdi y Gaucho tibetano en Madrid said...

Hi Amici
Today we receive yours card of navidad, thank you so much, it is very nice and original .. a great hug

Sparky said...

I'm sorry your mom's fun party didn't work out as planned, but I'm glad to hear she had a good time anyway. Happy Birthday to Amici's mom!

That cake look delicious! I've never had a peanut butter cake before. Both Lizzy and I love peanut butter, I think we should make one of those cakes soon!

Walk the Line is a good movie, but Eight Below is definitely better! He he.

Sparky

The Husky in the Window said...

Happy Birthday Amici's Mom!

What great presents and that cake
does it look yummy!!!

Amici did you get a taste? I have
to know....

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

cyber-sibes said...

Happy Birthday to Woo, AmiciMom! Hey, that pb cake looks awesome - pb is one of our favorite things! Gotta agree with you about 8 below - that movie rocks! Hu-mom says Maya reminds her of me! (Star)
Wooos,
Star & Jack-a-roo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Amici
Happy birthday to your mom!
Thank you so much for your beautiful card. I got it today!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Two Wild and Crazy Guyz said...

We are sorry that things didn't turn out exactly as she would have liked but hey that cake looked awesome! She got to have her cake and eat it to (ha! ha!--we are too clever)and that sounds like a pretty cool thing to us. Was it as good as it looked? We are drooling all over the place here!
Ozzie & Rocky

Roy & Gwen's Mom said...

Hi Amici! Nice to meet you. Thank you for the Holiday card.

woof,
Roy & Gwen

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Lee!!! My mom had her birthday recently too (the 21st). Wow, that cake looks YUMMY! I sure hope you had a few bites of it. All of her pressies look pawsome!

Hugs,
Sitka

The Daily Echo said...

Great job on sneaking up on that cake buddy! Boy does it look YUMMY! And Peanut Butter - mmmmmm! Happy Birthday Mom!
ECHO

The Husky in the Window said...

Merry Christmas Amici. Give your mom and dad lots of hugs and kisses. And snuggles to keep warm.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie, Missy and Bella.

Turbo the Sibe said...

Have a very happy Christmas!

Kapp pack said...

Hope you had a great Christmas!!!!

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Freda said...

Hi Amici!

Hope you had a greats and Happys Christmas. And Happys BornDay to your mum peeps.

That PB cakes looks reeeallys yummys. Your dad must be a neatos bakers. Hope you get 1,2 1,2 one of those on your bornday.

I like your blog.

Wuufs!

Freda (Ƨ)

PS Do you twitter? http://twitter.com A bunch of dogs and I bark there. My address is http://twitter.com/DeltaBunny. It's cooools.

Balboa & Mommy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your mom, hope you treated your mom to loves of wet and smushy kisses.

That is my mom's favorite actress too and she really loves the guy in the movie too.

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

P.S.

HAVE A SUPER HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.