Saturday, December 01, 2007

Our Thanksgiving (Pre Thanksgiving and On...)

Here is a slideshow of Amici and Kana having a play date at our house the day before Thanksgiving. If the humans were smart they would have started baking the pies then but they waited until Kana went home and didn't finish with the pies and peanut butter balls until 11:30PM. It was worth it though, Lee likes to bake.




Thanksgiving, Kana, Shawn and Mary Ellen (his human/human's girlfriend) came over along with my grandparents (Alan's parents). By then most things were underway except for the finishing touches on the sweet potato, mashed potato, etc. Did you know that Lee almost forgot to make the gravy?????? Alan would have had her head but thankfully she remembered in time and all was well in the turkey world. We did have another turkey mishap (Lee took the neck out of the turkey but didn't remember the giblets....whoopsie) but the turkey tasted fine to me. :P Come to find out Lee was a bit carried away with the pies and peanut butter balls. She made enough for each person to take home a whole pie. I guess it is better to have too much? And at least we had left overs. :)

On Saturday I went to Kana's house as my humans went up to their home towns to visit friends. It was a great mixture of friends all around and the day went extremely well, especially since Lee was able to see her close friends in Camden. Every year since my humans graduated from high school they have been invited to a "Friendsgiving". It is a potluck, with lots of people, in a huge colonial home in Friendship, ME (sort of fitting huh? :) ). I wasn't able to go cause not everyone there likes dogs (poo poo on them) but it sounded like my humans had a good time.

Shawn dropped me off on Sunday and I gave my humans the silent treatment for a while. Although I had fun at Kana's, I didn't like the aspect of spending the night and not knowing where my humans were. I definitely made them aware of that fact and they sucked up to me all night long.

Overall, this Thanksgiving was quite fun. Leftovers were plentiful, family was fun, and the weather was just right.

My favorite picture of Amici over that whole long weekend:

6 comments:

The Husky in the Window said...

You photos are great! And this tree and mistletoe thing on your blog. We love it. I have go find you a good present to add under the tree.
Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Sounds like a busy holiday! Amici, you look funny in that last picture!!

Kat

Kapp pack said...

Sounds like you had some yummy stuff! At least you got to stay with your friend and didn't have to go to the dreaded kennel.

Woo woo, Kelsey Ann

Sparky said...

You must have had a pretty good weekend, eh? I love the pictures!

Sparky

Bama said...

Wooooo Amici,
You sound like you & your humans had a great holiday! We love your pictures, and your tree & mistletoe toys, the girls gave you a kiss and we all left you a present. Bama says she wants a mistletoe on HER page to see how many kisses she gets, we told her it's really OUR page, even if it does have her name on it, but we might let her put one on there, we'll have to think 'bout it.
Our cards got delayed cause mom is still fighting with her label program, but daddy finally took pity on her & said he'd print them out for her at work tomorrow, so they should go in the mail Wed. be looking for it soon.
Merry Christmas Season,
Bama & the RHP

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

WooO! I love the photos AND the mistletoe kiss thingy! Sounds like you had a nice but busy thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Sitka