Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sharing our home

We have some neat news here! This weekend my humans were moving, moving, moving. The house was a disaster area and it was hard to find my toys. I wasn't quite sure what was going on except that Kana was here at our home to play with (which isn't out of the ordinary) and there was this other little animal (which I know as the kitty) that was in our house too. She doesn't ever come over, so I had to check her out and I still don't understand why she insists on hissing at me and growling in her own cat way. My humans kept coming and going. I'd be in my kennel for about an hour or so and then I'd get to go outside and watch the humans carry stuff inside and into this bulkhead thing. Kana and I were able to watch the whole process on the screened in porch (which I think is our favorite play area). Then, around dinner time I got to see my grandparents too! Kana tricked Grandpa and gave him all kinds of kisses (he was trying to be like me). I was busy watching the other humans to see what in the world they were doing. Finally, it was starting to sink in that something was different. My stuff wasn't going any where...my human was cleaning up, and Kana and the cat, Tigger, seemed to be settling in.

Story from Lee's point of view:
Shawn has his condo under contract and the new owners are due to move in on Friday, Dec. 14. Shawn has a house under contract in Westbrook, Maine but that doesn't close until the beginning of January 2008. Shawn, his girlfriend, Kana and Tigger will be living with us until then. We live in a 3 bedroom cape with one bathroom so it has definitely been different but livable. The bathroom schedule has been the most complicated thing to iron out. Amici and Kana have seemed to really enjoy each other's daily company. Tigger is hanging out in the office, usually on Alan's chair fast asleep. She seems to be adjusting okay but she doesn't like it at all when Amici trys to sniff her. She swatted him today but didn't use her claws (which she does have) so Amici thought she was playing. He woo woo backed but just didn't seem to get that she was upset. We've had to play refuree with them (Amici and Tigger) on a fairly frequent basis. Kana and Tigger have never lived with a Christmas tree before but they both have acted like they've seen one all the time. Our ornaments are in tack and the tree is still standing. :)

I made some dog treats on Sunday. I made MayaMarie's dog cookie recipe (Amici just can't get enough of those cookies!), banana strips, and pupsicles. Amici broke the run on Sunday in the backyard but it lasted a little over a year so it served its purpose. I bought a new one and then snuck in some cat toys for Tigger (and cat treats too). I have to say that although I am first and foremost a dog lover, it has been nice living with a cat too! Alan is allergic to cats (that's why we don't have one) but he has been doing okay with her (little stuffed up but not dying).

Kana has been enjoying going to the dog park with Amici and I. At home they are both pretty fair but at the dog park Kana really plays rough with Amici. I have to give Kana a time out a couple of times for wrestling too hard. At the Ocean Ave. dog park Kana almost wouldn't come when called (it is all fenced in) but thankfully Amici stuck to my side and behaved himself for the most part. Tonight we had a little tricks and listening time. They both really do aim to please.

I tried to get some shots of them by the Christmas tree but here is what I actually got:

18 comments:

Balboa & Mommy said...

WOW, that's one busy house, we'll have to check back to see how things are going.

you've been tagged, check out my blog!!!

Frenchie Snorts
Balboa

Ferndoggle said...

Thank goodness my humans have never moved. We had some people move out of the upstairs when I was just a young pup (aka 6 years old) and I didn't like it much.

Good luck Amici! At least you have a playmate.

Sherman

Kapp pack said...

Houseguests! How fun! Hopefully everyone is still talking by the end of the month....ha roo roo roo.

Kisses, Sky boy

The Brat Pack said...

We like houseguests...we mind bend them to do anything we want!!

We LOVE your card! We're behind in getting around to everyones blogs to let them know. The card exchange has been so much fun. :)

Tucker

Bama said...

Grrrrreat pics, pups (& kitty Tigger). We're so glad you get to spend the holidays with your buddy Kana, hopefully Tigger will soon figure out you just want to be friends. It might be a little "close" for a while, but it's nice having friends & family for the holidays, (& extra humans to give you treats!)
Christmas Kisses,
Bama & the RHP

Ben_Benjamin said...

Wow Amici, sooooo many things going on ya. Its sound kinda crowded but it will be more merrier this christmas!!!

Well Tigger look like Cheetah the cat at grandpapa house and I dont get it too why they like to hiss so much.....Good luck.

Sparky said...

Wow, you must be quite busy now!

I love the pictures of you and the Christmas tree!

Sparky

Peanut said...

That is one busy house. Amici needs to stay away from that cat though. Cats are evil.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Those pictures are better than the ones our mom usually gets!

Steve and Kat

Bama said...

Howroo Amici,
Woo didn't really miss anything, Mik had a weird episode last week that dad thought was a seizure at first, but it was over in less than 10 seconds & she was up & wrestling with everypuppy else immediately. Mom & dad took her to the doc to be checked out & didn't come up with any definitive answers, so now their just watching her close & will keep a diary of anything unusual, so far nothing. If it hadn't been for her wobbly stagger before she fell over, daddy would have just thought she was scratching her back, & that was just 2-3 wiggles...She does show an elevated white cell count with no visible reason for infection so she's taking antibiotics.
The comment about the spay was just mom & dad's reluctance to put her under anesthesia or subject her to surgery until they know what is going on with her and that she'll be able to tolerate the extra stress to her system. No question she's gonna have to wait until at least her antibiotics are gone & her cell counts back to normal...
We think of you all the time, and how scary it must be for you when you have your episodes, please be well, sweet boy,
Kisses,
Bama & the RHP

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Amici, you are definitely having winder adventures at your house. A kitty?!?! This is just tooo much.

I'm glad your mom baked you cookies. Look for a box coming in the mail. Mom made some special treats for us and our friends.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Hi-Woo Amici,
The more the merrier fur during the holiday season can be a good thing - could mean more treats cuz there's more people! Maybe the kittie, Tigger, will calm down & want to be friends.
Til next time,
-Cosmos & Juneau-

The Daily Echo said...

You guys reall cooperated for your Mom's pictures. Mom made sure to point that out to us. Be nice to Tigger cause he has CLAWS!
ECHO

Lacy said...

woofies Amici, me nots remembers iffin me fanked u fur me xmas carwd or not, iffin me didnt me fanks u sooo muchies...its wuz pawsome....

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Thank you very much for the card!! You look very handsome on it!

Steve and Kat

The Army of Four said...

Are you getting tons of snow?!?! We are! It's covering up all that ice! And it's STILL coming down! Yea!
Love,
Amber

Sitka and Tia's BLAWG! said...

Wow Lee and Amici... looks like you all will have a packed house for a couple of weeks here! I am sure everything will be cool. Tia has her claws too. She has used them on me once or twice. She usually brings them out when she means business! I l oved all of your photos by the BEAUATIFUL tree :)

Hugs,
Sitka

~Melissa said...

oh kiddo! so much moving!

we're moving in a couple weeks- just down the street- but it's in the city. i'm trying to figure out how to move our stuff from two different houses AND the animals without losing anyone, or stressing anyone (aside from myself :) ) out!

looks like you did it!

besos,
-melissa