Saturday, January 19, 2008

Crescent Beach

We went to the Valley Street Dog Park this morning and then headed off to the beach. The dog park was quite icy and although Amici is a "snow dog" he didn't seem to really enjoy the slippery ice or hard spots (which I don't blame him). I thought the beach might be a little easier on his paws and I knew it would be very relaxing to take in such a pretty view.

Amici has never been to Crescent Beach before. I hadn't been in a while either. It is usually a winter favorite for me as during the summer time the beach is quite populated. We had to park on the side of the road as the park's entrance is closed. We're walking along and see a path through the woods, so I thought we'd take that route since I had never been on it before. Well, the first pictures you see are of the "private" beach that we sort of happened upon. Thankfully, we weren't trespassing (as I asked another person walking her dog- and we didn't see any no trespassing signs). We forgot to take a pic of the red sand!! It was really pretty but we became caught up in the person we met and the husky/mix that she was with. The red sand was only on the upper bankings, but I had never seen the beach that color before. Truth be told, our little side route made me a feel a bit loss (but on the comfortable side) and I was glad we had the adventure but could still make our way to Crescent beach. Crescent beach appears to be only about 1 mile long but it was a great beach to take a walk on. :)





My favorite picture of the day.

14 comments:

Kathryn and Ari said...

I'm embarrassed! We live a few hours north of Cape Elizabeth, and I've never even heard of Crescent Beach. You're picture is so pretty, though, that it's certainly on our list of new places to visit.

Stay warm these next few days--it's going to be awfully cold, even for a husky!

Gussie said...

Hi Amici,

What a fab beach. All that seaweed would keep Jake busy. I've tagged you on our blog to list 7 weird things about yourself. Seems to be the latest thing on DWB! Gus n Jake

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Amici, you're ears look so cute in that picture.

Kat

Girasol said...

You are lucky to have the beach close to home.
I bet you enjoyed the walk!

The Husky in the Window said...

Oh Amici, what a fun day you had! We agree with your mom, that is a great picture.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

Kapp pack said...

I think that's the beach my mom and little biped visited a few times when they were in Maine this summer. She says it is bewootiful! Looks like you had fun!

WOo woo, Kelsey Ann

Sparky said...

Hi Amici! Did you have lots of fun at the beach? We also have a beach close to here called Crescent beach. It's my favorite beach!

Sparky

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Great pics of the beach, Amici.
-Cosmos & Juneau-

The Daily Echo said...

What bewootiful pictures! The one of the back of your head is very creative and we love that one alot. What a great day at the beach.
ECHO

Holly said...

What a cool trip!! And great pics! Too bad you didn't find any sea food!

Holly

Bama said...

We love that picture of you, you look so handsome!
Kisses,
Bama & the RHP

The Husky in the Window said...

Amici we are just checking on. Mom was concerned if you were okay.

Husky Hugs, MayaMarie

cyber-sibes said...

wooos & a-rooos, Amici!
That is a beautiful beach! we're enjoying going to beaches tis winter too, but we haven't seen any snow on them down here. Next snowstorm we have, we're going to wooo at mom to take us to the beach!
Looks like you & your mom had a fun day. : )

cyber-sibes said...

Hi again Amici - we gave you an award - go read our blog!