Sunday, March 15, 2009

Surprise!! We have awesome news!!

 

For those of you that know us well, you know that Amici is a male and that he is neutered. Amici is letting all his fellow bloggers know that his human mom is pregnant!! I'm approaching my 18th week (this coming week). We found out that we're pregnant on Dec. 27th. We decided to wait and tell family & friends once the 2nd trimester arrived. In the first month, Amici has been very patient. I was so tired. Looking back I feel that I slept the whole month of January away. Amici was there, by my side, waiting patiently for me to wake up. Once he realized that things weren't normal, he was as sweet as could be and just slept there with me. Once February hit I got some of my energy back. Amici has also coped well with my disturbed sleeping pattern. Before, I slept through the night like a champ. Now, I wake up 4+ times a night to go pee. Amici, afraid he might miss something fun, has come downstairs with me each time. Lately, he just lifts his head up because he has gotten the hint that I am not doing anything fun downstairs. Perhaps Amici's favorite part of this experience has been my upset stomach. He gets to eat a lot more of my breakfasts, lunches (on weekends) and dinners. He has run with me to the toilet as I have had the pregnancy sickness (wish I could just say it was in the morning but sometimes it is morning/night). He grosses me out sometimes as I've had to shoo him away from my projectile vomit. But, at least he is there with his wagging tail support and kisses. Pregnancy definitely effects the whole family and Amici has been a star through it all. A few weekends ago I was able to take a bike ride with him. We didn't go our normal route but it was nice to be out in the fresh air and get a little exercise (although we went pretty slow). We'll find out if we are having a boy or a girl at the end of the month. We don't have a preference, we just want our baby to be healthy and happy.

PS. Amici was around a little baby a few weekends ago at Shawn & Mary Ellen's (they had a friend over who has the baby). Kana and Amici both did great. The baby started to scream/cry at one point and Amici just laid down on the floor and put his head down. He didn't seem to get anxious, scared, etc. We're hoping that Amici will act that calm when he meets his own little baby sister/brother in August.
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky said...

Khongrats!

Furry khool news!

My mom is smiling bekhause Dec 27 is the birfday of a special furiend of hers AND August is MY Gothcha Day and her birfday month!

Lots of happy Sibe Vibes being sent to Maine!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Her Mom

Raising Addie said...

Congratulations!!!

That is very exciting news!!!

One of my best friends at work was pregnant and had to be induced on Friday because she was overdue. Boy was she ready to have that baby. At first I didn't want her to have it on Friday the 13th, but she didn't care she just wanted her little girl out! Now, I don't see the number 13 as a bad thing anymore.

Good Job Amici! Keep up the good work watching over your mom!

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie and Lucie

The Thundering Herd said...

Congratulations - such awesome news.

The Army of Four said...

A baby biped! How very exciting!!! Good health to mom and baby and PLEASE keep us posted!!!
Tail wags,
Stormy

Jan's Funny Farm said...

This is wonderful news. Congratulations! We hope everything goes well.

Cyber-sibes said...

Congratulations!!! that's terrific news. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but that will pass (we hope). We'll keep checking back for updates!

Woos,
Star & Jack & humom

Biloxi and Siber-sibs said...

Congratulations! August is also my Maw's birfday! Amici will have a wittle biped to help care for and den play wif when he/she gits bigger. Hopes you feels better soon and gives Amici extra hugs and snooter kisses fur bein' there fur woo.

Husky kisses,
Biloxi

Ruby and Penny said...

Congratulations. Such wonderful news. Glad your feeling better.
Love Ruby & Penny

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Congrats Amici and family! I bet Amici is going to be a great big brother to the new human puppy!

Kat

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

Congrats to you Amici & yur family - that is just pawsum news!!!!

-da boyz, Cosmos & Junuea & R Mommy-Marlene-

Kathryn and Ari said...

Lee, that's incredible news! We're so happy for you. This is just wonderful, and we know Amici will be as great as you are around the new arrival.

Lacy said...

w00f's Amici, wow, that iz wonderful news....u gonna haff a new brudder or sissie...ooo yeah, congrats to u pawents too...

b safe,
~rocky~

Girasol said...

Congratulations/Felicitaciones
That's very awesome news!

Cyber-sibes said...

Well duh, how'd we miss THIS? CONGRATULATIONS! Hope woo are feeling better by now. Amici's gonna make a great 4-footed Uncle!

Woos & a-roos,
Star & Jack a-roo

Cyber-sibes said...

How'd we miss THIS?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Hope woo are feeling better by now!

Woos & a-roos,
Star & Jack a-roo

Painter Pack said...

Congratulations!!! The hooman mom is having puppers!! How many puppers do hoomans have? What? ONE? That's not even a litter! I'll hope at least 6 for woos. That's a good even number!

Haroo rooo!!!
Mya Boo Boo

Maggie and Mitch said...

Congratulations to your mom and dad and happy birthday to you, Amici!
We hope you have the most wonderful day ever!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

cookie said...

We stopped by to say hello, and now we can say congrats too!

Cookie and crew

The Beasts- Royal, Brock, Alki & Iggy said...

wooooo-ow! thats great news!! I loooove miniature humans, they are the best! their faces are at prime kissing level, they always smell & taste good, and they love fluffy husky hair! congrats!!

woooos,
Royal