Friday, July 03, 2009

Amici: Adjusting to all the new stuff

I am now on my 33rd week of pregnancy. I never imagined that it would go by this fast. Depending on if our little baby boy arrives on his due date, we only have a month and 15 days to go! Last week we had a 3-D ultrasound done to check on how the baby was developing, etc. So far, the doctor states that he looks good. He weighed 4lbs and 13 ounces at 32 weeks. I asked the doctor if that meant I was going to have one "big" baby but she said she thought his full weight will be around 8lbs.
Here is two of the 3-D pictures from the ultrasound. It is amazing what the ultrasound can show you:



Last weekend my family and close friends threw me a baby shower back in my hometown. It was a wonderful shower and we were blessed with receiving a lot of necessasity items (car seat, crib, etc.).


Here is a picture of the homemade quilt my Aunt Susan made for the baby:
















Amici has been a good sport about all the new stuff. He definitely sniffed out all the baby shower bags hoping one of them were for him. He isn't used to having gifts come in the house that aren't aimed for him, but he did all right and just sniffed.
Amici in the "Where's Waldo, I mean Amici :)" picture:















The baby's crib all set up and Amici looking comfortable next to it. This is in our room. The crib will eventually go into the baby's room which will be a lemon souffle color.
















I think our blog may be taking a new turn to it. I'll definitely still be posting about Amici but I will also be adding information about our little baby to be. I thought about making a separate site for the baby but it is just too much to keep up with. Amici doesn't seem to mind sharing as long as he is included in all that we do. I hope we get a thumbs up from all the DWB pups/their folks. :)

11 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

Why not?!?

They are brothers!

It will be interesting to see how all of woo adjust!

Mom and I say August is a nice time fur birthdays/gotchadays!

Paws khrossed fur the homestretch to go smoothly fur all of woo!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Hi Handsome Amici!!!

Jan's Funny Farm said...

You had quite a shower! How nice to have a head start on baby things. We hope all goes well and on schedule!

How is Amici doing -- still having seizures?

The Army of Four said...

BEAUTIFUL quilt! And wooooo, look at the baby biped's adorable little FACE!!!
Wishing you and the babe health and happiness!
Tail wags,
Storms
PS: Hi Amici!!!

Holly and Khady said...

If I have to share with my turd baby Khady, I guess it's ok if you share with your human baby!

What cool 3-D pics! It's so amazing! We hope you don't stay away so long next time!

Holly

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I think that sounds fine. We really like that cute blanket on the crib. Amici looks like he's ready to be a big brother!

Kat

Franki V said...

Amici must be pretty excited to have a new bro/sis on the way. He has probably picked out the name already.:-) Cheers to you all.
Luv,
Franki V

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Hey, Amici, you asked about our leashes. We just use regular nylon 60-ft leashes, but when we get home, Mom puts them in the washing machine. She uses one of those bags that you use to wash delicates so they leashes don't bang all over everything. Hope this helps!

Steve and Kat

Cyber-sibes said...

Aw, what a cute little biped on the way! (Those pictures are AMAZING!!!) We huskies all love little bipeds, so of course we don't mind if woo post about him! Hmm, Aunt Susan if furry talented - that's a furry cute & comfy-looking quilt.

We're all keeping paws crossed for woo!

Woos & a-roos,
Star & Jack a-roo

Maggie and Mitch said...

Congratulations, Amici, and happy gotcha day! We hope you have a wonderful day with lots of treats and hugs!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Lacy said...

w00fs Amici, ooo me sorry me didnt tell u yesterday..me hopes u had a great gotcha day...and u has many many more..

b safe,
~rocky~

Cyber-sibes said...

Woos, just want to say we have all paws crossed for the big day!

Woos & a-roos,
Star & Jack a-roo