Friday, March 12, 2010

Amici - Over the Rainbow 3/6/10

Tomorrow will be a week since Amici crossed over the Rainbow. It doesn't seem possible. The first day of going back to work was rough. My morning routine revolved around Amici (bathroom, eating, meds, etc). I was out of sorts all morning on Monday. I did okay until I got in the car. My key chain has Amici on it because he has a picture ID for his microchip. I took one look at that and just bawled. I tried to clean myself up before entering work. I was doing fine until a co worker (who had heard about Amici's passing) asked me how I was and how long Amici had been with us. I couldn't even answer the question. I just began to cry. I went into my office (and thanked God that I had my own office), cried and then pulled myself together as best as I could. I went out to that co worker and apologized for breaking down. Monday was just rough all the way around. The rest of the week was gradually better but when I look back I think it was "better" because I was right out straight at work.

Today was hard. It was my first day off with Aiden by myself. Usually it would be me, Aiden and Amici. We'd do the mundane things (eat, use bathroom, etc.) but then we'd have storytime (when I say "we" I mean the 3 of us), play, Aiden would nap and then I would spend time with Amici. There were times today that I felt like I was boring. I know Aiden can't talk but if he could, I would swear that he was looking for Amici today.

I miss Amici so much. He was such a good dog. He was a true friend and I did so many things with him. When I was pregnant he was so attentive and sweet. He used to kiss my stomach when I would get dressed in the mornings. When I threw up, Amici was by my side. I couldn't have asked for a better pup when Alan & I brought Aiden home. Amici was interested but gentle. He never reacted negatively to Aiden and I love him even more because of that. I really wanted Aiden to grow up with Amici.

Alan & I had previously discussed that when Amici did pass over the Rainbow Bridge, we would probably get a pup for our family soon after. People may be surprised that we are thinking of getting another dog so soon, but for us, it is just too difficult to have all of Amici's things around and not feel totally empty inside. I never thought I would see the day when I would cry when I vacuumed up husky hair.

We are having a female malamute puppy join our family the weekend of the 27th of March. We don't have a name picked out yet. We got to meet her Mom and Dad and liked them an awful lot. Aiden got to meet the little girl puppy and they seemed to like one another.

I hope that folks understand that by no means are we trying to replace Amici. He can't be replaced. There is a huge void in our family right now and the next step for us, is to add another pup to our family. As you know, I love dogs with all of my heart and my hope is that Aiden may share my passion some day (if not, I at least want to instill how important it is to be kind and respectful to dogs/animals). I hope we have your support and well wishes as we embark on a new journey.

Here are some precious pictures of Amici & Aiden:
Oct, 9, 2009 (Aiden isn't even a month old yet)

















Aiden- 7 Weeks old Loving Amici














1 month & 1 day old Aiden with his pal Amici










Amici- counter part to Aiden's costume as a monkey. Amici had a banana on his back and he was carting around the chunky monkey ice cream. :)








3months & 2 weeks old Aiden. Amici & Aiden both look up when I snap my fingers. :)












Aiden's 1st Christmas Eve
















Jan 23, 2010














First- Rice Cereal. Amici is there to cheer Aiden on (and catch any droppings of course....)














Valentine's Day- sharing secrets












Aiden- 5mths 4wks old. Last photo shoot of the two of them together. Amici loved to kiss Aiden. He even loved it without food involved (like in this shot). This was totally unrehearsed and it shows the kind of friendship they had.

21 comments:

Khyra The Siberian Husky And Sometimes Her Mom said...

First off, you know how sorry we are for the loss of your special boy -

We've all lost special friends and we never know how their loss will impact us until it does happen -

He'll always be with you - you've not gotten ALL of his hair vacuumed up ;-)

Now, to the next importmant point: that is GREAT you are bringing another fuzzy heart into your family -

AND NO, you not replacing him - you are continuing his legacy - he's probably help guide her to you -

He knows you are ready to keep the love going -

We can't wait to meet her!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Phyll

Jan's Funny Farm said...

We used to enjoy reading Amici's posts and we were glad he was doing better -- at least the last we knew. We lost one of our own this year so we can imagine your pain. We are so sorry about Amici.

One good thing about the heart is that there is always room for more than one furry.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

What a great tribute to Amici. He was so lucky to have a great family like yours. You're not terrible at all for wanting another pup. No pup will replace Amici, but if you can offer a wonderful home to another pup, it's great that you are willing to do so. Aiden will have a buddy that's about the same age as he is!

We will miss Amici but will welcome the new gal with play bows and tail wags.

Steve, Kat, and family

Holly and Khady said...

Amici was such a special part of your life. And then, Aiden's life too. It was wonderful to see how much they loved each other!

No, I don't think you are rushing things. Often the love you have to offer is so great, that adding a new pup to your life helps fill your heart and heal it at the same time. You are not "replacing" Amici. You are simply choosing to give your love to another who needs it.

I can't wait to see pics of your new girl! Malamute's are just like GIANT cuddly Sibes, only with brown eyes!

I'm sure Amici will be there watching over you all, and giving your new Malagal some pointers from the Rainbow Bridge!

Hugs to you!

Holly, Khady Lynn
and their mom Jan

Turbo the Sibe said...

We will always be wooing to the northern sky for friends like Amici.

And now we look forward to a new Malgal friend.

The Daily Echo said...

Your new girl will have big paws to fill. Amici was your special one but I suspect there room in your heart for more special-ness. We'll all miss Amici. We know he's at the bridge on a very special perch so he he can look down and watch over sweet Aiden.
ECHO

Cyber-sibes said...

(Did our post get to you? We got an error message, but with moderator comment on, I can't tell if the message got thru-- if it did, just ignore this)

We were heartbroken to hear that Amici had crossed the Bridge, he was one of the first blogs we followed. Those are really wonderful pictures of him with Aiden, mom got LES looking at them. Amici's spirit will always be just a thought away. Surely he guided this little malagal t you, as he knew that your heart needs her love, and that a loving home awaits this new pup.

You are in our hearts & prayers,
Jack, Moo, & Pat

The OP Pack said...

We are so very sorry for your loss of Amici. He is in great company across the Rainbow Bridge.

And we think it is wonderful that you are ready to welcome a new furrie into your lives. Amici would have wanted it to be this way.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

The Army of Four said...

We're so very sorry for your loss. You gave such love and care to Amici - you can see the gentleness in his eyes as he watched over Aiden. He's watching over all of you now - until you meet again.
Tail wags,
Storms

Biloxi and Siber-sibs said...

We is so sorry fur your loss of your best bud Amici. Maw unnerstands how heartbroken woo kin be. But she also unnerstands how you need to fill dat emptiness. We is sure Amici is waggin' his tail knowin' woo is gonna give a nice home to anudder pup. His love continues inside of woo.
Amicia, dance among da stars in your bee-wootiful harness. And your paws will furever be upon your family's hearts.

Husky kisses,
Biloxi

Joni said...

I am so sorry to hear of Amici's passing. The pictures of Aiden and Amici are lovely! Aiden will remember his very first best friend.
I love that you are bringing in another furry friend for him!

Joni
and from The Bridge, Dakota of the East

Christine said...

Hey guys, Sparky's human Lizzy here. When I heard about Amici's passing a couple days ago, the very first word out of my mouth was... "CRAP!". And I just felt kind of in shock for a while. Amici was one of Sparky's first and favorite blogging friends, you've no idea how much we loved Amici, how much he meant to us. In fact, I still have his Christmas card sitting on the desk in front of me, I just love the picture so much. I am so, so sorry to hear this news. We are keeping you guys in our prayers.

Lizzy & Sparky

Sparky said...

Oh, that last comment was us, we didn't realize we were logged into my sister-in-law's account!

Lizzy & Sparky

Painter Pack said...

So sorry for this loss. But when woo has a big heart for furries, woo must keep it filled. I thinks woo getting a girl pup will be wonderful! And it will honor the wuv woo have for Amici.

MBB

Ruby and Penny said...

We are so sorry for your loss of Amici. He was a very special guy!
Enjoy your new girl
Love Ruby, Penny & mom

Tibby said...

So sorry to hear of Amici's passing. It's clear that he was a very special part of your family. We can't think of anything to better honor the memory of Amici than to share your love and family with a new puppy! We know Amici will be watching over you all!
With Love,
Tibby & Family

Thor and Marco Polo and Mama Cat said...

WOO WOO

We are so sorry to hear about Amici's passing! We know your heart is breaking and we think he would be honored for you to have a new puppy in the house! We know you have many many wonderful memories of Amici that will give you comfort and make you smile forever!
Hugs to you!
THor and Marco Polo

The Brat Pack said...

Always thinking of you guys and keeping Amici in our hearts.

{{{Hugs}}}

-The Mullin Clan's Mommy- said...

I am so sorry about losing your 4-legged furry boy! Don't feel bad about bringing into your home & family a new furball. You are not replacing or forgetting Amici - you are just opening up another portion of your heart to another furball that will grow up with Aiden. Can't wait to see pics of Aiden & the new puppy.

Take care,

Marlene, & the boyz, Cosi & Juni

Jan's Funny Farm said...

We hope you are healing from your loss.

ra husky said...

Soft husky woooooos,

RA